Welcome To My Creative Journey- The Next Half Century

WELCOME TO MY CREATIVE JOURNEY - The Next Half Century
From knitting to cooking, jewelry making to painting, gardening to journaling, I love it all and would love for you to share it with me

Monday, January 17, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I'm into the third week of my 365 days of the Crafter's Devotional Exercise Book
Time goes by so quickly when you are having fun....

It's easy to fall behind, but I got myself caught up yesterday. I also have to remember that the exercises do not need to be complicated and time consuming, unless of course, you want them to be.

My journal is a book I bought at a second hand store. I loved the colour and the oldness of the pages and I wanted a hard cover.
I felt really weird gessoing the first pages and writing on them. So I only thought it fair to read the novel if I was going to start altering it's pages. I also left the author's name in tact on the front of the book and left the title of the book "Victorine" on certain pages. I'm much more comfortable with the whole process now.


My first journal entry
Had a hard time writing on the pages......

Day 8 we got to personalize our Journal. I had a lot of fun doing this. I can't wait to go through some of my own hard cover books and turn them into journals and artist pages.
Day 15 will be perfect for this, the exercise is "Starting a wordless journal".


these are fun to do


close up

I loved the day to explore the folk art. I found a whole new world of artists that I just love.
Time With Tasha is an awesome Youtube video that takes you step by step to create this sweet folk art girl. I love Tasha's Art.
I am really loving the Crafter's Devotional Book.
I have only done two weeks of exercises and I feel I've learned so much already.

First Folk Art

 There are so many wonderful exercises in this book, I won't be able to blog about them all. I will, however, continue with a few bits and pieces...... probably my most favourites.
I'd better be off..........today's exercise is starting that wordless journal I talked about and I know I will be putting more time in than I should so bye for now and have a wonderful day.
xo


5 comments:

  1. Hi Carol!

    Thanks so much for the peek into your journaling. The Crafter's Devotional Book looks really great; I think I'm going to have to check it out!

    How are you finding time to fit this into your already busy schedule? That is one of my biggest struggles...making time for everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear soo much about these art journals and all my life i have always kept a journal but never like the ones i see and im going to have to try it!:O) Thanks for sharing:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Carol-thanks so much for stopping by my blog...and for sharing your journal pages with us. It is so personal...and so interesting to see how others think/paint/create...And I may just take you up on the advice re my studio vs the kitchen:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving what you are sharing from this devotional-full of JUICY goodness!

    ReplyDelete