Welcome To My Creative Journey- The Next Half Century

WELCOME TO MY CREATIVE JOURNEY - The Next Half Century
From knitting to cooking, jewelry making to painting, gardening to journaling, I love it all and would love for you to share it with me

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joyous and Triumphant

Me and my stuff

The craft fair was a success. I had a wonderful time and the atmosphere was a sweet familiar encounter.
Everything went smoothly...lots of room for set up...wonderful fellow crafters surrounding me....and best of all , my lovely daughter Ali by my side. Things would not have gone as smoothly without her. Her grace and calmness set the tone right from the start.

Arriving at 8:00 a.m. with our Starbucks coffee we found our table..we promptly put on table cloths and assembled displays and structures.

I hung my first decoration with shaky hands and suddenly that familiar feeling of "flight or fight" came upon me. I whispered to Alicia "I don't think I'm going to be able to be ready". She just looked at me calmly and said "It's OK Mom, you hang your decorations and I'll do the rest. We have lots of time."

And that's all it took. Her confidence was enough for the both of us. When it was all set up, it was great. Better than I had imagined.

The whole day was perfect. People were so complimentary and appreciative.

Yes, I must say it was an incredible day and I loved every minute of it.


A few pics of my menagerie of handmade eclectic paraphernalia...:)







6 comments:

  1. Everything looks awesome!!! Glad you had a great turnout:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you could do it Carol! How lovely everything is! And what a gorgeous daughter!
    I'm happy for you ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading about craft fair experiences--and I'm so happy for you--there's nothing like getting out in the real world and letting people see your art in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad it went so well- and i am so glad your sweet daughter was there to calm your nerves. isn't it great to have people like that in our lives!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad it went well! That encourages me.

    I'm in the throws of getting ready for a craft fair day after tomarrow. No daughter to help; I AM the daughter! My 86 year old mom will have a table beside me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so glad that it went so well. Everything looks gorgeous! I love your space here.

    ReplyDelete